The “Sons of Brasil” CD is $13.00 + $2.00 s&h (within the U.S.) = $15.00 USD.
Please allow 7-10 days for delivery.
- Stan Kessler trumpet, flugelhorn, percussion
- Doug Auwarter drums, percussion
- Danny Embrey acoustic and electric guitars
- Wayne Hawkins keyboards
- Greg Whitfield bass
- Gary Helm percussion
Special Event Appearances
- Spokane, Wa. Community College Jazz Festival (with Paquito D’rivera)
- Kansas City Jazz & Blues Festival
- Jazz in June, Lincoln, Neb.
- 18th & Vine Heritage Festival
- Corporate Woods Jazz Festival
- Trails West Festival, St. Joseph, Mo.
- Parkville Jazz Festival
- Lee’s Summit Jazz Festival
In Kansas City, there is a popular jazz group that has performed every week since their inception in 1991. This would not be so remarkable, as Kansas City is renowned for it’s tradition of great jazz since the days of Count Basie and Charlie Parker. What is remarkable is that this group of native Kansas Citians plays nothing but Brazilian jazz, with a flavor and passion one might think could only be found at a night club in Ipanema or Leblon. The Sons of Brasil invite you to sample these sounds, which stem from their love and admiration of “musica bem brasileira.”
I had the luck of meeting Danny Embrey many years ago, when I was working with Sergio Mendes and his Brazil 66 group. Danny joined the band and we toured together and became good friends. I also had the opportunity, through that collaboration, to discover how good a musician he was.